Contributing to Berkeley Opera is a great way to keep intimate, innovative opera right in our community. Here are several ways you can make a contribution to Berkeley Opera:
Review our list of donor benefits
Mail your donation, payable to Berkeley Opera, to 1700 Shattuck Ave. #312, Berkeley CA 94709.
Leave a message at 510-841-1903 for questions including stock transfers, planned giving,
and charitable IRA rollovers. Someone will call you back to discuss your options.
Donate on-line with credit card or PayPal.
See our wish list
See a list of corporations that have matching gifts programs
Berkeley Opera keeps all donor contact information confidential. We do not sell our contact list to third parties.
You are invited to join Berkeley Opera's family of donors. By joining one of the donor groups listed below, you receive exclusive opportunities available only to Berkeley Opera donors. Your contribution will also help Berkeley Opera continue to present quality productions and allow talented young singers to gain valuable performing experience and bring opera to the community through our adult education programs.
- Friends ($25 - $99)
- Recognition in one program during the season
- Donors ($100 - $249)
- Recognition in all programs
- Patrons ($250 - $649)
- Benefits of a Donor, plus
- Invitation to a Dress Rehearsal and Complimentary ticket exchange privileges
- Sponsors ($650 - $1249)
- Benefits of a Patron, plus
- Invitation to a Special Event during the season
- Sustaining Patrons ($1250 - $2499)
- Benefits of a Sponsor, plus
- Invitation to Season Preview Party, fun pre-production events
- and extra complimentary tickets to bring friends
- Angels ($2500 - $4999)
- Benefits of a Sustaining Patron, plus
- sponsorship or dedication of a single performance
- Producers ($5000 - $9999)
- Benefits of an Angel, plus
- sponsorship of a production and dinner with a singer in the sponsored production
In these difficult times we need to be creative about fulfilling our needs. So on the theory that "if you don't ask, you won't get," let us know if you have any of these things that you'd be willing to donate to Berkeley Opera.
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Berkeley Opera is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. If you'd like to donate one of these items, or your time, please email email@example.com or leave a message at 510-841-1903.
- Angels who would like to underwrite a production
- New merchandise or valuable art/antiques for auction at the annual Gala
- Piano tuning services
- Prospective Board members
- Free or low cost rehearsal space
- Sealable plastic bins for storing music
- Free or low cost storage space
- Donations of wine for special events
- Tax-deductible Donations
- Volunteers for the Gala, ushering at performances, and other events
MATCHING GIFT PROGRAMS
Following is a partial list of Bay Area companies that, as of July 30, 2008, match individual employees' charitable contributions, subject to certain limits. For details or to find out if your company also participates, please contact your Human Resources Department.
American International Group
Argonaut Insurance Group
Bank of America
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
The Clorox Company
Federated Department Stores (Macy's)
H & R Block
Levi Strauss & Co.
Matson Navigation company
Morrison & Foerster
Pitney Bowes, Inc
San Francisco Chronicle